- Upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport, Your guide will come to meet you up and transfer you to hotel.
- Explore the charming city of Hanoi, often referred to as the ‘Paris of the East’, with its yellow ochre colonial buildings, tree-lined boulevards and scenic lakes. Visit the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first national university built in the late 11th century. The picturesque temple is an example of well-preserved traditional Vietnamese architecture and is featured on the back of the 100,000 Vietnamese dong banknote.
- Later, visit the fascinating Museum of Ethnology (closed on Mondays) which houses an extensive collection of traditional costumes and artefacts from Vietnam’s 54 ethnic minority groups. Drive back to central Hanoi for a walking tour through the famed Old Quarter known for its ‘36 streets of 36 wares’ named after the original 36 artisan guilds that date as far back as the 13th century. Conclude your day by watching an entertaining water puppet performance, a uniquely northern Vietnamese art form said to have originated in the flooded rice fields of the Red River Delta where villagers entertained themselves by manipulating puppets over the water. The show uses colourful wooden puppets to depict scenes of rural life and episodes of national history set to music.
- Meals: None
Hanoi - Halong Bay By Road
- Depart for a 3.5 hour drive to Halong Bay with a quick rest stop at Dai Viet Center - the best place to stop and stretch your legs en route. On arrival in Tuan Chau wharf, break time for photo taken before register and welcome drink will be served on board. As settle into your cabin and cruising through the bay. Enjoy buffet lunch with Vietnamese dishes served while cruising through the bay, passing the most beautiful and quiet areas, such as Incense Burner, Dog Stone Islet, Fighting Cock, Soi Sim beach, Coconut Three Island.
- Then visit the Luon cave, the perfect combination of lime-stone mountains and jade-green sea by bamboo boat with local people or kayaking based on your preference. After that transfer to the beautiful Tip Top beach for swimming (if the weather permits), Ti Top Beach is especially famous for its fresh atmosphere, clean water, and smooth white sand that create a great ambiance for tourists to relax or passengers can take steps to reach on the top of Ti Top beach to have a whole panorama view of Halong Bay. Get back to the boat and enjoy your free time while sailing to Luon Bo area, and anchor overnight.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- NOTE-The cruise itinerary detailed is subject to change without prior notice and is different dependent on the cruise line.
Halong Bay - Hanoi By Road- Hanoi - Saigon
- Wake up early and take a position on the deck with a cup of tea or coffee to witness the sun rise over the bay or take part in a gentle Tai Chi demonstration. Explore the 30m/98ft-high Sung Sot (“Surprise”) Grotto, one of the most stunning in the bay with thousands of stalactites and stalagmites and almost perfectly smooth walls. In the inner chamber, a side entrance allows light reflected from the water in, causing the rock formations inside the chamber to seemingly come alive. According to locals, this unexpected display lent the grotto its name. Return to the boat and enjoy brunch on board on the way back to shore.
- Disembark and drive back to Hanoi with a light snack en route and an optional stop at a traditional pottery workshop. Transfer to the airport for you flight to Saigon.
- Upon arrival Tan Son Nhat airport, after clearing all customs procedures, please proceed to exit gate and look for your guide who will be waiting at the lobby, holding the Trails of Indochina signboard with your name on it. If you cannot locate your guide, please come to the closest Information booth and have them call the emergency number (+84) 9 1871 3456. Your guide will come to meet you and transfer you to hotel.
- Meals: Brunch
Saigon Half Day City Highlights
- With over eight million inhabitants and four million motorbikes, Saigon is truly a city that never sleeps. Despite its modernity, Saigon maintains a strong link to the past and our city tour takes in some of Saigon’s most historic landmarks including the Notre Dame Cathedral, a red brick edifice with twin spires constructed from materials imported from France (entrance is only permitted when no services are being performed). Then head across the square to the Central Post Office, completed in 1891. A short drive away is the former Presidential Palace, the headquarters of the Saigon Government during the American War.
- Continue to the War Remnants Museum for a vivid perspective of the American War through the eyes of the Vietnamese. (Please note that some of the displays are very graphic.) Experience Saigon’s famed street coffee culture while your guide provides a brief language lesson as well as insights into daily life of a Saigonese before returning to your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Transfer from your accommodation to the airport for your departure flight.
- The regular check-out time is at 1200; late check-out is not included
- Meals: Breakfast
- End of services.
- Overnight accommodation is inclusive of hotel tax, hotel service charges and includes daily breakfast.
- 2D1N Halong Cruise (Shared cruise/private cabin).
- Private transfers and transportation on tour.
- Sightseeing with Local English speaking guides (one guide in each city).
- Entrance fees.
- Water puppet show.
- Meals as specified (meals only, no drinks/ water)
- Airfares: HAN-SGN (Economy class with airport tax).
- Cold towels and water on sightseeing days.
TRAVEL ADVICE NEW YEAR 2018
Vietnam: The dates of travel for this booking fall during Tet, the Vietnamese New Year (Feb 15 – 20, 2018). Travelers who are visiting larger cities like Saigon or Hanoi during the holidays may encounter empty streets and deserted parks as Vietnamese people return to their home town to celebrate the New Year with their families. Most businesses are closed during TET holiday.