- Fly to Munich and pick up your rental car at the airport. Drive to the city center of Munich, smooth check in at the hotel and enjoy your first afternoon at leisure, exploring the beautiful capital of Bavaria. We recommend a walk through the famous Munich Viktualienmarkt in the heart of the city. It is Munich’s oldest and best open-air farmers market, dating back to 1807. There is a lot to see and sample: Kids can marvel at booths decorated with garlands of sausages, mountains of fresh vegetables, and pyramids of fruits. The market has everything from meat, and cheese, to bread, pastries, and fresh squeezed juices; buy some treats for the whole family and enjoy them right then and there, at the beer garden in the center of the market.
- We suggest to go and see the Dallmayr Delicatessen Shop as well – one of the traditional and first class addresses for finest high-quality groceries in Munich. You can get almost everything edible and drinkable here as wine, spirits, chocolate, cakes, cheese and many more.
- Evening at leisure – Dinner recommendations can be given later
- After breakfast you will meet your personal English guide at the hotel.
- Enjoy a guided city tour of about 4 hours during the morning: He will show you Munich’s cultural and historic highlights such as the Frauenkirche (Munich Dome). The two towers of the church can be seen from afar as it is forbidden by law to build anything higher than the towers – which are around 100 metres high – within Munich city. Further highlights of Munich are the Marienplatz with old and new town hall, the Marien fountain or the town hall tower. At the new town hall a carillon can be heard daily at 11, at 12 and also 5 p.m... Nearby the church St. Peter is located – its tower is also called “Old Peter”, the oldest church of Munich. Furthermore you can see the Old Yard (Alter Hof), the former emperor’s residence and the Odeonsplatz with the Feldherrnhalle.
- Your afternoon will be at leisure: (Can be with guide as well, if you prefer) „h Depending on your interests you can visit some of the interesting museums of Munich as the New and the Old Pinakothek, the Museum of Natural Science (Museum Mensch und Natur) or the Deutsches Museum. „h If you are interested in technique and German engineering a visit of BMW World and Museum is a must. Here you will learn more about the history of one of Germany¡¦s most famous car brands. Also you will find different cars, motorbikes and motors from the foundation of BMW until now. During a guided tour through the BMW factory you can take a closer look on how the famous cars are produced. „h Or you can visit the Castle Nymphenburg with its nice park area. Within the park there are four more small castles, built as pleasure residences or guest houses. You can take a tour through the castle and visit the Marstallmuseum, where you can see the magnificent sleighs and horse carriages of the Bavarian kings ¡V mainly from the 18th and 19th century. „h Visit the Concentration Camp in Dachau: The Concentration Camp Dachau was one of the first camps the Nazis established after they came to power in 1933. During the first years, mainly political prisoners and opposition members were brought there. Then, after the so-called ¡§Reichsprogromnacht¡¨ in 1938, more and more Jews and other non-Arians as well as anti-regime thinking people were deported to one of the most well-known KZs. Over 200,000 people were imprisoned at Dachau – around 41,500 died. Not counted the ones, which were brought to one of the horrible extermination camps like Auschwitz. The US Army freed the camp on 29th April 1945. Please let us know what you prefer doing in the afternoon!
- Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later.
- After breakfast you will leave Munich in order to head to the south - to Füssen. (Duration: 1 hour, 45 minutes) This is where the famous, fairy-tale castle Neuschwanstein is located. Having arrived in Hohenschwangau, you will have a guided public tour (30-35 minutes) through King Ludwig II’s fairy tale castle, the famous Castle Neuschwanstein, one of the most well-known, most visited and most photographed sights of Germany. Here your tickets for a guided tour have been prepaid and booked for you. You can pick them up from the ticket office at the castle entrance. The castle of the “Swan King” is the inspiration for the Disney castle and when you see it you will see why. King Ludwig II started to build the fairy tale like castle in 1869 as the ideal sample of a medieval castle. He wanted it to be a kind of habitable theatre setting and dedicated it to the life and work of famous Richard Wagner, who, however, never entered the castle himself during his lifetime.
- Afterwards drive to the small community Ettal where you will visit the nice Castle Linderhof – you will have another public guided tour there. This castle was built from 1870 to 1886 and is the smallest one of fairy king Ludwig II. The tour through the castle and the grotto will take around 35 minutes After your visit you will drive back and head to your Hotel which is located about 10km from Füssen. Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later.
- After breakfast you will head on to the Lake of Constance for a daily excursion. (Duration one way: 1 hour, 15 minutes) Once arriving at the Lake Constance we recommend to visit the city of Lindau. Lindau is a major Bavarian town and an island on the eastern side of Lake Constance. As Lindau is an island, it's no wonder that boating plays a big part of getting to and from Lindau. The landmark of the city is the famous harbor with the lighthouse and Bavarian lions at the entrance.
- Our TIP: Excursion to the Island Mainau – Paradise of flowers: Take the boat from Lindau to the Island Mainau. The scenery on route is filled with grape vines and apple orchards. Mainau's 45 hectares or 111 acres of gardens and landscaped grounds attract more than a million visitors each year. In addition to flower gardens, Mainau has an arboretum, a butterfly house, a gallery with special exhibitions, a baroque chapel, and a variety of restaurants. Not forgetting the Castle of the Teutonic Order. Enjoy your afternoon exploring this paradise of flowers! Take the boat back to Lindau, pick up your car and drive back to Füssen. Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later
- Enjoy your morning at leisure in the surrounding of Füssen before you will drive on into the Black forest region. You will drive along the Lake Constance when heading on to the Black Forest, one of the most exciting and beautiful regions of Germany. Enjoy the stunning scenery on your way. You can choose between two different options for today:
Option1: Having some stops on your way to Freiburg. We would suggest to for example visit the largest walk-in cuckoo clock of the world, see some of the most scenic places and valleys of the region. You could visit the open-air museum Vogtsbauernhof or make a stop at some hidden
- gems. Furthermore we would recommend to stop at the Lake Titisee. Once arriving in Freiburg, smooth check in and first evening at leisure. (Total duration from Füssen to Freiburg: 3 hours, 45 minutes)
- Option 2: Drive directly from Füssen to Freiburg. After checking in you have the possibility to join a 2 hours Rhine cruise – starting at 05:15pm. The cruise leaves from Breisach am Rhein. Evening at leisure. Dinner recommendation can be given later
- Today your children will have a lot of fun! Enjoy the famous EUROPA PARK: (Duration one way by car: 30 minutes) Explore the wonderfully themed areas such as, Adventure land. With more than 100 attractions and fabulous shows, 11 rollercoasters, and 14 European themed areas Europa Park exceed even the wildest expectations! Might I suggest an enchanting boat trip through the elfin realms! On the Elf boat ride or climb to the top of a fairytale tower and discover the story of the King's charming daughter, Sleeping Beauty in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Optional: We can organize a guided VIP Tour for the Europa Park. The price would be about 1.680,00 €.
- The private VIP Tour will last for 4 hours. A Europa-Park staff member will accompany you and will take you straight to the attractions and themes areas in the park. You will have direct access to the attractions with minimal waiting time. Please advise if you would like to book the guided tour! Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later
- Today you will head on to Baden-Baden first, (Duration: about 1 hour, 30 minutes) before you will drive on to Stuttgart in the evening. As one of the northernmost towns in Baden-Württemberg’s idyllic Black Forest region, the roman spa town of Baden-Baden has long been one of South Germany’s most popular holiday destinations, entertaining everyone from Queen Victoria to Victoria Beckham over the years.
- Perched on the French border, the historic town is a charming blend of French and German cultures, mixing its grand Art Nouveau villas with a wave of modern boutiques and chic cafés. Explore the ruins of the 2000-year-old Roman baths or visit the Belle Époque Kurhaus and the famous Casino. SPA “Caracalla Therme” visit of 3 hours for the lady is included.
- Please advise if you would like to book a guided city tour of about 2 hours for the rest of the family.Afterwards head on to Stuttgart. (Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes) Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later.
- After breakfast you will dive into a day full of Germany Car quality. In the morning you will first visit the Mercedes Benz Museum and enjoy a guided Tour. During a two-hour guided tour of the exhibition, you will experience a unique journey through automotive history.
- Transported by lift to the uppermost level of the museum, You will arrive back in the year 1886, where two museum tours gradually spiral their way down through the extensive collection and back to the museum exit. The Mercedes-Benz Museum is the only museum in the world that can document in a single continuous timeline the more than 130 years of auto industry history from its very beginnings to the present day.
- Time for lunch after your first visit. Afterwards you will head on to the next stop – the PORSCHE Museum. Enjoy a guided tour of the At the Porsche Museum. More than 80 vehicles and many small exhibits are on display at the Porsche Museum in a unique ambience.
- In addition to world-famous, iconic vehicles such as the 356, 550, 911, and 917, the exhibits include some of the outstanding technical achievements of Professor Ferdinand Porsche from the early 20th century.
- Your tickets have already been pre ordered. Optional: Guided visit of the factory of Porsche can be arranged. Evening at leisure - Dinner recommendations can be given later
- Today you will leave Stuttgart again and head on to Frankfurt. We will give you two options for today, or exploring Heidelberg on your way or driving directly to Frankfurt in order to join a Main River Cruise. Option 1: After breakfast you will leave Stuttgart and head on to Heidelberg. (Duration: 1 hour, 15 minutes) We recommend to visit the famous Heidelberg Castle, showpiece of German Romanticism, a complex of partially destroyed buildings in Gothic and Renaissance styles surrounded by beautiful gardens and containing the world's largest wine barrel. See the medieval town center with the mighty Old Bridge, Germany's oldest university, the Church of the Holy Spirit and the Knight's House with its precious Renaissance facade. We also recommend visiting the Apothekenmuseum. Guided city tour can be arranged – please advise. After your visit you will drive on to Frankfurt. (Duration: 1 hour) Once arriving in Frankfurt, evening at leisure. Dinner recommendations can be given later. Option 2: Drive to Frankfurt directly. (Total duration: 2 hours, 30 minutes) Once arriving, smooth check in and enjoy a classic sightseeing cruise on the river Main to discover Frankfurt and all its variety. A river cruise on the Main is a great way to discover Frankfurt with accompanying commentaries in English about the most important sights along the river. The cruise will last for about 100 minutes. After the cruise you will enjoy the rest of day at leisure with some shopping or a walk along the Main River. Dinner recommendations can be given later.
- Today you will leave Frankfurt in order to head on to Cologne. (Total duration Frankfurt – Koblenz: 1 hour, 30 minutes( On your way we would suggest to stop in Koblenz and to see the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. You will reach the Fortress by cable car and enjoy a great view. The city owes its world renown: the ‘Deutsches Eck’ headland. It’s here that the Moselle flows into the Rhine. At 118 meters above the river, it unites examples of traditionally heavily fortified constructions to form a complete fortress complex. Ehrenbreitstein was erected by the Prussians between 1817 and 1828 as the geographical center of a line of fortresses stretching from Wesel to Rastatt.
- The fortress of Ehrenbreitstein is Europe’s largest fortress complex after Gibraltar. It is also a place that uncovers man’s impact on history across countless generations! If you prefer, we will organize a guided tour for you! Just let us know! Afterwards drive on to Cologne. (Total duration: 1 hour, 25 minutes) Once arriving in Cologne, you will enjoy your first evening at leisure. Dinner recommendation will be given later.
- Today you will explore the city if Cologne. Please choose if you would like to explore the city by yourself or with guide. Optional: Your personal guide will pick you up at the hotel for a two hour walking tour through the historic center of Cologne. Take your time to visit the inside of the Dome and see at least the shrine of the Magi. Later that day you can have a light lunch at a local brewery, e.g. Früh, Am Hof 12. Enjoy the typical Cologne delicacies before visiting the world famous 4711 Kölnisch Wasser perfumery.
- Design your own perfume and stroll through the manufactory with its 220 years of tradition in making perfumes. Our suggestion: Visit the world famous 4711 Kölnisch Wasser perfumery. Design your own perfume and stroll through the manufactory with its 220 years of tradition in making perfumes. Evening at leisure – dinner recommendation will be given later.
- Option 1: (20 minutes driving from Cologne) Excursion to Brühl, where the Palaces Augustusburg and Falkenlust with their extensive gardens and park grounds are living witnesses of a glorious past and rank among Germany’s top palaces to visit. They are protected by the international “Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural heritage” (UNESCO World Heritage – image below).
- Option 2: (45 minutes driving from Cologne) Go on a wonderful private tour to Aachen with your car. In Aachen you will see the amazing Imperial Cathedral of Aachen. The church is the oldest cathedral in northern Europe and for 600 years, from 936 to 1531, the Aachen chapel was the church of coronation for 30 German kings and 12 queens. The Aachen Cathedral is in the UNESCO list of world heritage sites. Also see the Palatine Chapel, an early medieval chapel that is a remaining component of Charlemagne's Palace. Guided city tour can be arranged – please advise. Driving back to Cologne, enjoying the afternoon at leisure. Dinner recommendation can be given later.
- Today you will head on to the capital of Germany – Berlin. (Total duration by car: hours, 30 minutes) Once arriving in Berlin, smooth check in and afternoon at leisure. Check out the famous shopping mall KaDeWe, or take a walk along the Kurfuerstendamm (short Ku’Damm) – the shopping and entertainment mile of Berlin.
- After breakfast your private guide will pick you up for a full day tour through Berlin. First you will have a 4 hours Private Walking Tour with your English speaking guide to see the Main Highlights of Berlin: Highlights of the tour: 1) Holocaust Museum 2) Brandenburg Gate 3) Friedrichstrasse, Wilhelmstrasse, Unter den Linden 4) Gendarmenmarkt 5) Topography of Terror Museum and Checkpoint Charlie 6) Reichstag ¡V Norman Foster architect. Possibility to have coffee at the rooftop restaurant with beautiful views 7) former Nazi Ministries & the site of Hitler's Bunker 8) Humboldt University
- Afterwards you will have some time to have lunch. (Excluded) In the afternoon you will enjoy a cozy, private Biking Tour with your guide: Follow the former Berlin Wall on a smooth bike ride through the city: Tränenpalast, Bernauer Strasse, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain, and East Side Gallery.
- After breakfast, smooth check out and head to the airport of Berlin. Drop off your rental car and catch your flight
Vibrant Cologne may be famous for its awe-inspiring cathedral, but its atmospheric pubs showcase a city in love with life that certainly knows how to have a good time.